- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, October 1994.
- Master of Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, May 1992.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, 1983-1988
- Deputy Technical Governor, March 2005 to date
- Deputy Director of Economic Studies, January 1998 –February 2005
- Researcher, January 1997 – December 1997
- Director of the Macroeconomic Programming Unit, September 1995-December 1996.
- Researcher, August 1994 - August 1995.