Comments by the Governor on the State Council’s Decision to cancel the designation of Alberto Carrasquilla
- I was very surprised to learn last night of the State Council’s decision to cancel the appointment of Alberto Carrasquilla as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Decisions taken by the judiciary are to be respected.
- Nevertheless, I would like to express my regret at this appointment, since it affects the designation of a person whose training, experience and suitability for the position are widely recognized inside and outside the Bank.
- I greatly appreciate Dr. Carrasquilla's contribution to the Board and to the Administrative Council of the Bank during the time he served as a member of the institution. His involvement in that capacity was always constructive and characterized by the depth of his analysis.
- On a personal level, I am disappointed Alberto is leaving. During his time as a member of the Board he helped to maintain an atmosphere of great camaraderie and fluid communication with the other Board members, with management and with the Bank's technical staff.