Place of Birth: Medellín, Antioquia
Date of Birth: December 16, 1951
Profession: Administration Engineer
- D.Phil in Economics, Oxford University, 1994.
- Master's Degree in Economics, Boston University, 1976.
- Special Student at the Program of Business - Economics, Harvard University, 1975.
- Engineer, Administration Engineering, Escuela de Minas, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Medellín, 1973.
- Governor. Banco de la República, to date
- Professor at Universidad del Rosario, 2016
- Director of the Mission for the Restructuring of Coffee in Colombia, as Economic Adviser for Fundación Buen Gobierno, 2014.
- Program Director of Juan Manuel Santos’ Presidential Campaign, 2014.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Banco de la República, 2003-2013.
- Executive Director at Fedesarrollo, 1998-2003.
- International Trade consultant at the Organization of American States (OAS); Researcher at Fedesarrollo, 1998.
- International Trade consultant at the Organization of American States (OAS), 1997.
- Minister Plenipotentiary of the Colombian Mission to the OAS (support and advice to the Secretary General and to the Trade Unit in the fields of trade and integration), 1994-1996.
- Deputy Foreign Trade Minister of Colombia and Chief Negotiator of trade agreements, 1993-1994.
- Director of Economic Research, Federación Nacional de Cafeteros, 1991-1993.
- Deputy Director and Director (in charge) at Fedesarrollo, 1989-1990.
- Dean of the Faculty of Economics at Universidad Nacional de Colombia, and Manager of the Publishing Company at the university, 1984-1985.
- Researcher at Fedesarrollo, 1977-1983.