The Board of Directors of Banco de la República in its meeting of today, appointed Mr. Juan José Echavarría Soto as new Governor of the Central Bank of Colombia. Mr. Echavarría will replace Mr. José Darío Uribe Escobar for the four-year period starting on January 4, 2017.
Juan José Echavarría is Engineer from the Mining School at Universidad Nacional de Colombia in Medellín. He holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from Boston University, and a PhD in Economics from Oxford University, and has held different positions in public and private sectors. Among them, he has been member of the Board of Directors of the Central Bank of Colombia, Executive Director at Fedesarrollo, and Vice-Minister of Foreign Trade.
Given in Bogotá, D.C.
This document has been translated into English for informational purposes. Upon any query regarding its interpretation or enforceability, the Spanish version shall be deemed official, and will prevail over the English version.
Este documento ha sido traducido al inglés para fines informativos. En caso de cualquier duda sobre su interpretación y aplicación, se entenderá que la versión en español es la versión oficial y prevalecerá sobre aquella escrita en inglés.
- The Bank
- Monetary Policy
- Who We Are / What We Do / Locations
- Press releases
- Bank Holidays
- Anti-Money laundering and counter terrorism financing risk management system - SARLAFT
- Board of Directors
- Research and Publications
- Press releases
- Banknotes and Coins
- Statistics Reports and Abstracts
- Real Value Unit (RVU) - Unit of Constant Purchasing Power (UCPP)
- Monetary and Credit Aggregates
- Exchange Rates
- Interest Rates
- Open Market Operations (OMOs)
- Monetary Sectoring of the Financial Sector
- Monetary Sectoring of Banco de la República
- Output, Wages and Employment
- External Sector
- Public Finance
- Stock Market
- Most Searched Topics